Where to file complaints about DESCO electricity services?

To complain about Dhaka Electric Supply Company Ltd., (DESCO) electricity services in regions of Dhaka (including Badda, Banani, Baridhara, Dakshinkhan, Gulshan, Kafrul, Kalyanpur, Mirpur, Mohakhali, Pallabi, Purbachal, Tongi, Uttara, and Uttarkhan), you can follow these steps:

Contact Customer Service:

  • Hotline: Call the DESCO hotline at 16120 or helpline at 16999 for no power supply (in case of emergency).
  • Customer service number: For specific issues, use the electricity complaint Number at 028900501.
  • Email: Send your complaint to info@desco.gov.bd.

You can also, contact the divisional customer service center of your region to resolve any problems related to new connections, billings, or others.

File a complaint online:

  • Visit the DESCO website (desco.gov.bd) and use the grievance redressal form.
  • Provide details such as your name, DESCO Customer ID, nature of the power issue, and incident location.
  • You can also apply for a new connection, pay your electricity bill, and download/view the complaint and appeal form online.

Finally, don’t forget to note down the reference ID or ticket number of the lodged complaints.

Escalate to Officer-In-Charge for Grievance Redressal:

If not resolved at the customer service level, escalate your complaint to the Officer-In-Charge at DESCO. You can contact the GRS Officer (Chief Engineer) at 01713090586 or email mbhuiyan@desco.gov.bd. You can also lodge your grievance online by submitting a GRS complaint form.

Provide the reference number or acknowledgement details of your initial complaint.

Approach the Appellate Officer:

For unresolved issues by the GRS officer, contact the Appellate Officer (Joint Secretary) at DESCO. To escalate the grievance, you can call 0247120028 / 01711314042, or email jscoord@pd.gov.bd for an independent review.

You can also send a written complaint letter to the appellate officer here:

  • Address: Appellate Officer, DESCO – Dhaka Electric Supply Company Ltd., Vidyut Bhavan, Dhaka-1229.

Appeal to Bangladesh Energy Regulatory Commission (BERC):

If you’re still dissatisfied, you can appeal to BERC. Follow the official procedures provided at the official website of the commission for filing an appeal with BERC to resolve your dispute with DESCO.

Remember to keep a record of all communications and reference numbers as you may need them for escalations. Ensure to follow the guidelines provided by DESCO for a smooth complaint process.

Still, have questions? :thinking: Ask by replying to us. :point_down:t5: We will help you.