How can you file electricity complaints of Madhyanchal Vidyut Vitran Nigam Limited (MVVNL)?

If you are a customer of Madhyanchal Vidyut Vitran Nigam Limited (MVVNL) and have complaints about electricity services, follow this guide and use the provided helplines & contact details to file your complaints with the electricity board:

MVVNL Electricity Helplines:

  • Toll-Free Number: You can call the toll-free helpline number 1912 or 18001800440 for immediate assistance in case of emergency (no power supply).
  • WhatsApp: For quick queries or grievances, message on +918010924203.
  • Email: Send your complaints or queries to
  • Online: File your complaint to UPPCL.

To access online services, visit the MVVNL consumer portal.

Within your complaint form, provide the necessary details such as your consumer number, contact information, and the nature of your complaint. Finally, submit the form and track your complaint status using the provided reference number.

If not resolved, you may escalate the complaint to the electricity board’s internal grievance cell at your nearest sub-divisional or divisional offices.

Escalation to CGRF:

If your complaint remains unresolved at the customer service center or divisional offices, escalate it to the Consumer Grievance Redressal Forum (CGRF) of MVVNL. You can contact the CGRF at the corresponding Circle or Zonal Offices of MVVNL with your complaint details and reference number.

You can submit your written grievance letter to the CGRF here:

  • Phone Number: +915222208737
  • Address: CGRF Office, Madhyanchal Vidyut Vitran Nigam Limited, 4-A, Gokhale Marg, Lucknow, UP, 226001.

Regional Offices of CGRF:

CGRF Office, MVVNL Phone Number
Lucknow +915222470069
Bareilly +915812567032
Ayodhya +919415901462
Gonda (Devipatan) +918005499595

Approaching the Electricity Ombudsman:

If your grievance is not resolved by CGRF to your satisfaction, appeal to the Electricity Ombudsman of Uttar Pradesh within 30 days of the final response from the CGRF Forum.

Before approaching the Electricity Ombudsman, ensure you have escalated the complaint to the Internal Grievance Redressal Cell through “Jansuwai UP (Samadhan)”.

:tipping_hand_man:t5: Tips: Remember to follow the steps and record all communications for reference.

Still, have questions? :thinking: Ask by replying to us. :point_down:t5: We will help you to resolve it.

1 Like