Who do I contact if my water service is interrupted?

This is what you can do if your water service is interrupted:

1. Confirm the Outage:

  • Check your water provider’s website or app for updates.
  • Use the outage map if available.
  • Ask your neighbours if they are also experiencing an outage.

2. Contact Your Water Provider:

  • Call the 24/7 emergency hotline: Most water providers (for example - your municipal corporation, municipality, or water station) have a dedicated number for reporting outages. Have your account information ready.

  • Report the outage online: Check the provider’s website or app for an online reporting tool.

  • Visit the local office in person: If possible, visit the nearest office for your water provider.

  • Reach out to your local government: If you can’t reach your water provider, contact your local government’s water department (for example - Municipality, County Public/District Utility Commission, or local public authority) or emergency services.

For more help, know Where to file your water complaints?

3. Additional Steps:

  • Inform your property manager or landlord (if applicable).
  • Consider alternative water sources if the outage is prolonged.

When reporting the outage, describe the problem you’re experiencing. This includes whether you have no water at all, low water pressure, or discolored water.

Also, mention how long the outage has been ongoing and provide your account information, contact details, and the exact address where the issue is occurring. Any additional information, such as suspected leaks or unusual noises, can also be helpful for the water provider to diagnose and resolve the problem.

Still, have question? :thinking: Ask by replying to us. :point_down:t5: We will help you to resolve it.