Demanding comission for the luggage by the government bus drivers

Respected Sir/Medam

We are farmers selling fruits and vegetables on daily basis in chennai by travelling from our village to Chennai by Bus (112A,112B) which is comes from Uthukota dipo and runs in Route of Sathyavedu to Koyambedu.

Regularly we are travelling in 112A at morning 4.00 Am we are taking ticket for us and for our luggage but we are facing the most important issue is demanding comission for the luggage if we are not giving the amount what they demanding they are not allowing us to get in to the bus and use to abuse the passenger with their vulgar words.

That too the driver is fixing the rate and ordering to the conductor to take that if he is not giving then don’t allow to get in.

I myself insulted like this many times by getting in to the bus with my luggage and the forcedly throwing me out for not giving the comission which they demand.

Is this a government transport or private transport I don’t know.

And they are suggesting to the 112B bus drivers and conductors not to allow the particular passanger if he is not giving the comission which they fix.

A senior driver is fixing how much spare is for the luggage and how much the comission is and he is encouraging the junior conductors to following his suggestions.

The things which we are not able to agree is he is strongly with dare and with high pitch voice infront of all passengers telling that if you want to complaint you can go and do whom ever you want ( COMMISSION KUDUKKA MUDIYALENNA YETHA MUDIYADHU YEVAN KITTE SOLLIKKIRAYO SOLLIKO PO) means still I am not understanding that the bus is governments or his own bus.

I don’t know his name a aged person wearing blue shirt with less hairs doing all these and he is suggesting to the next shift people’s also to follow the same.

The same thing is doing by the next shift driver wearing coffee colour shirt.

Is the rules and regulations of government buses are changed. That driver can fix the spare and he can demand the comission from the passenger what ever he want and if the passenger is not supposed to give he can throw him forcedly from the bus.

I want a clarity from the government side who given him that confidence that a driver can insult a passanger for not giving the comission and force to get down and can say the word whom ever you want complaint go and do it.

I want answer for this infront of nearly more than 50 passangers in the bus he is saying YEVAN KITTE SOLLIKIRAYO SOLLIKO PO means what is his confidence is he feels he is the owner of the bus.

This is not happening for me lot farmers who are travelling in these two buses facing daily basis.

A government employee who is getting salary PF,ESI and leaves more than enough is demanding comission from a farmer doing small scale business which he will get for his one day expenses. How this society will change .

A person that do driving a bus is fixing the price and comission and he is feeling that he is the owner of the bus and he is the government means where is the rules and regulations for him.

We need justice on this and we have to destroy that confidence on the particular driver from your side. We have to prove that a common man can do anything with your action taking on him.

Thanking you.

From all the farmers.

3 Likes

Dear @kumar_G ,

The behaviour described by you and other farmers is unacceptable and a violation of the Tamil Nadu State Transport Corporation (TNSTC) rules and regulations.

It is disheartening to hear that drivers and conductors are demanding commissions for luggage, using abusive language, and forcibly removing passengers who refuse to pay.

We advise you to file a formal complaint with TNSTC regarding this matter. You can call at 18005991500 or follow the instructions to make your complaint online:

If not resolved, lodge an online public grievance to the Appellate Authority of the Department of Transportation through the “Tamil Nadu CM Helpline - Integrated and Inclusive Public Grievance CM Helpline Management System (IIPGCMS)” portal of the government of Tamil Nadu.

If still need help, reply to us.

1 Like