How can you file complaints about government offices to Tamil Nadu Public Grievance CM Helpline Management System (IIPGCMS)?

If you have complaints about government offices (municipal administration and water supply, Nagar Parishad (block), panchayat raj, collectorate, police, etc.), departments, and ministries of Tamil Nadu, lodge an online public grievance to the Appellate Authority of respective departments through the “Tamil Nadu CM Helpline - Integrated and Inclusive Public Grievance CM Helpline Management System (IIPGCMS)” portal of the government of Tamil Nadu.

You can complain about government schemes, demand new civic services (hospitals, public places, schools/colleges, drainage/bridges, roads, etc.), corrupt practices or misuse of power by officials/employees, and other disputes (agriculture schemes/subsidy, public transit (buses/metro), public works, food supply, ration cards, etc.).

:tipping_hand_man:t5: Note: To register your public grievances, you can call at the toll-free CM helpline number 1100. You can also send an email to or

Steps to file an online complaint:

  1. Visit the TN IIPGCMS website ( or use the mobile app.
  2. Click “File a grievance” to open the online complaint form.
  3. Login/Register yourself:
    • If you’re a new user, sign up with your name and mobile number (OTP verification required).
    • Existing users can log in with their credentials.
  4. After successfully logging in, fill in the form with the following details:
    • Your information (name, address, etc.)
    • Government department and sub-department/local body involved
    • Nature of the grievance
    • Location of the incident
    • Name of the responsible officer (if known)
    • A detailed description of the issue
  5. Attach supporting documents (up to 20MB).
  6. Submit the form.

Finally, note down the grievance reference ID for tracking purposes. For technical issues, email

If your grievance is not resolved within specified timeframe, escalate it to higher officials by re-submitting the complaint with reference number. The levels of escalation are:

  1. First Appellate Officer (Public Grievance Officer)
  2. Second Appellate Officer (Head of the Department)
  3. Chief Minister’s Office (CMO), Tamil Nadu

If you need information from a government office, you can file an RTI (Right to Information) request.

Still, have questions? :thinking: Ask by replying to us. :point_down:

1 Like