How can I file complaints about government offices to Department of Public Grievance of Punjab (CM Helpline)?

If you have complaints about citizen services, government offices (municipal corporation, Nagar Palika/Parishad, gram panchayats, police, etc.), departments, and ministries of Punjab, lodge an online public grievance to the Appellate Authority of respective departments through “Connect Punjab - Public Grievance Redressal System” portal of the government of Punjab.

You can complain about government schemes, demand for new services/infrastructure (hospitals, schools/colleges, drainage/bridges, roads, etc.), corrupt practices or misuse of power by public officials/employees, and other disputes (registry of land records, property disputes, public transportation, food supply, etc.).

:tipping_hand_man:t5: Note: To register your public grievance, you can also call at the CM Helpline Number (E-Sewa) 1100 or email your concerns to For doorstep public services, call at the toll-free number 1076. You may also write to:

  • Address: Department of Governance Reforms and Public Grievances, Government of Punjab, Plot No. D-241, Industrial Area, Phase – 8B, Sector – 74, Mohali – 160071.

Steps to file an online complaint:

  1. Visit the Connect Punjab website (

  2. Registration (if needed):

    • If you’re a new user, click “Register Now” and follow the instructions.
    • If you already have an account, log in using your credentials or OTP.
  3. From the top menu, click “Apply” and select “Grievance” to open the online complaint form. If you’re logged in, you’ll see a “Click to apply for grievance” button.

  4. Fill out the form with the required details including:

    • Provide your information (individual or company).
    • Include your communication details: address, village, tahsil/city, and district.
    • Select the relevant government department and specify whether the issue is at the district or state level.
    • Describe the nature of your grievance.
    • Provide a detailed description of your complaint (up to 4000 characters), including facts and supporting evidence.
    • Attach copies of original or supporting documents, if available.
  5. Submit your complaint.

Finally, note down the reference ID or acknowledgement number. This ID will be essential for tracking your grievance’s progress.

If your issue isn’t resolved satisfactorily, you can escalate your complaint within the higher authorities by re-submitting an online complaint form. The levels of escalations are:

  1. First Appellate Officer or Public Grievance Officer
  2. Second Appellate Officer or Head of the Department
  3. Chief Minister’s Office (CMO), Punjab

If you need information from government offices, you can file an RTI request.

Still, have questions? :thinking: Ask by replying to us. :point_down:t5: