How to write an RTI Application (Format)?

RTI Application Format (Right to Information Act, 2005)

[Your Name]
[Your Address]
[Phone Number (Optional)]
[Email Address (Optional)]

Date: [Date]

Public Information Officer (PIO)
[Designation of PIO]
[Department Name]
[Full Address of Public Authority]

Subject: Request for Information (type of requested information) under Right to Information Act, 2005

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am writing to request information under the Right to Information Act, 2005.

Specific Information Requested:

• [Clearly state the specific information you are requesting. Be as detailed as possible.]

Reason for Requesting Information:

• [ Briefly explain why you require this information. This is optional but can be helpful.]

Details of Fees Paid:

• I have enclosed a [Cash Receipt/Banker’s Cheque/Demand Draft/Postal Order] No. [Number] dated [Date] for Rs. [Amount] towards the application fee (if applicable).

Mode of Receiving Information:

• I would prefer to receive the information in [Preferred format: Print/Electronic]. (Please specify if you have a preference)

Citizenship Proof:

• A copy of my [ID Proof: PAN Card/Passport/Driving License/Voter ID Card/Ration Card] is attached as proof of my citizenship.

I request you to kindly provide the information at your earliest convenience, but within 30 days as mandated by the RTI Act, 2005. If the information is voluminous or pertains to a different department, I request you to transfer my application to the appropriate department under Section 6(3) of the Act.

Thank you for your time and cooperation.

Sincerely,

[Your Signature]

[Your Name (Typed)]

Enclosures:

• Proof of Citizenship (Copy)
  • Proof of Fee Payment (if applicable)

:page_with_curl: Please Note:

• You can modify this format to suit your specific needs.
  • Ensure you replace the bracketed information with your details and specific information request.
  • Some Public Authorities may have online RTI filing systems. Check their website for such options.
  • Keep a copy of your application for reference.