How can you file water complaints to PHE Jal Shakti Department in Kashmir?

To file water complaints in Kashmir to the Jal Shakti (PHE) Department from regions of Srinagar, Ganderbal, Anantnag, Kulgam, Baramulla, Bandipora, Budgam, Kupwara, Pulwama, and Shopian, you can follow these steps and use the provided helplines & contact details to lodge your complaints about water supply in Kashmir:

PHE Kashmir Water Helplines:

  • Helpline Number: Call the toll-free water helpline at 18001807027
  • Control Room: Dial the contact number 01942452047, 01942477207 or fax to 01942484782 at Water Works Jal Shakti Division in Srinagar.
  • Email: Send an email to or

File an online complaint:

  • Visit the PHE Jal Shakti portal for Kashmir:
  • Click “Public Grievance” to open the online complaint form.
  • Fill out the required details with issues related to water supply, billing, or new connection, and supporting documents & photos.
  • Submit the form.

Finally, note down the reference/acknowledgement ID to track the status of your complaint lodged to the grievance cell. If not resolved, you can also contact your divisional office with this reference ID.

Divisional Offices:

Contact to Executive Engineer of your nearest Jal Shakti divisional office of the Public Health Engineering Department (PHE) regarding water supply services in your region.

S.No Division Phone Number
1 Water Works, Srinagar 01942452047, 01942477207
2 WSMP, Srinagar 01942401904
3 RWS, Ganderbal 01942416292
4 PHE, Budgam 01951255249
5 PHE, Chadoora 01951257592
6 PHE, Awantipora 01933247152
8 PHE, Shopian 01933260284
9 PHE, Bijbehara 01932234230
10 PHE, Qazigund 01931235139
11 PHE, Kulgam 01931260390
12 PHE, Baramulla 01952234244
13 PHE, Sopore 01954222482
14 PHE Jal Shakti FBI Division, Tangmarg 001954254611
15 PHE, Uri 01956253301
16 Hyd. Division. Bandipora 01957225533, Fax: 01957226600
19 PHE, Handwara 01955256748, Fax: 01955262052
21 PHE QC&P, Srinagar 01942496272
24 PHE Mech. Rural, Srinagar 01942473956

Escalation to Higher Authorities:

If your complaint is not resolved satisfactorily, you can escalate it to higher authorities within the Jal Shakti Department such as the Superintending Engineer or your Hydraulic Circle Jal Shakti and Chief Engineer or the Kashmir PHE Jal Shakti Department. These officials’ contact details are available on the contact page of the Jal Shakti Department’s official website.

Further, you can lodge a public grievance to the PUBLIC HEALTH ENGINEERING DEPARTMENT of UT OF JAMMU AND KASHMIR through the “Integrated Grievance Redressal System” portal of the government of Jammu & Kashmir.

Approaching the Consumer Forum:

As a last resort, if your complaint remains unresolved, you can approach the Consumer Forum to report the violation of consumer rights regarding public utility services (water). You will need to file a formal complaint detailing the issue and the lack of resolution from the Jal Shakti Department.

:tipping_hand_man:t5: Tips: Keep a record of all communications and reference numbers related to your complaint and evidence if needed.

Still, have a question? :thinking: Ask by replying to us. :point_down:t5: We will help you to resolve it.