How to complain about electricity services of J&K Electricity Board (JKPDD)?

If you have complaints about the electricity services of Jammu and Kashmir Power Development Department (JKPDD) in districts of Srinagar, Ganderbal, Baramulla, Anantnag, Budgam, Pulwama, Shopian, Kupwara, Kulgam, Bandipora, Doda, Jammu, Kathua, Kishtwar, Poonch, Rajouri, Ramban, Reasi, Samba, and Udhampur including regions of Ladakh, follow this guide and use helplines & contact details to make your complaint with J&K Electricity Board:

JKPDD Helplines:

  • Toll-Free Numbers: For immediate assistance, you can call the toll-free helpline numbers: 1912 or 18001807183 (Jammu) and 18001807666 (Kashmir).
  • Customer Care Numbers: Contact the JPDCL customer care at +911912479122 (Jammu) or +916006613056 (Kashmir).
  • WhatsApp: Send a message to +919419237685 for support.
  • Email: Send an email to

For complaints related to Jammu Power Distribution Corporation Limited (JPDCL), call the helpline number “1800180718“.

File a Complaint Online:

  • Visit the JKPDD customer portal:
  • From “Service Offered” section, click “Grievance/Complaint Redressal” option
  • Fill out the online Consumer Grievance Redressal Form.
  • Provide necessary details such as your JPDCL Connection number, nature of the complaint, and a description of the issue with relevant photos or documents.
  • Submit the complaint form.

Finally, note down or obtain the reference ID for future follow-ups. If not resolved, contact your local power station or internal grievance cell of divisional or sub-divisional offices of the Electricity Board.

Escalation to CGRF

If your complaint is not resolved within 30 working days, escalate it to the Consumer Grievance Redressal Forum (CGRF) of JPDD or JPDCL/KPDCL. You can download the Grievance Form or write a complaint on plain paper with your JPDCL Consumer Number, initial complaint reference number, and expected relief. Attach supporting documents and submit it to the CGRF office here:

  • Phone Number: +911912479122
  • Email:
  • Address: Office – Consumer Grievance Redressal Forum, Jammu Power Distribution Corp. Ltd., Ambedkar Chowk (Panama Chowk), Jammu.

Approaching the Electricity Ombudsman

If the CGRF does not resolve your previously lodged grievances satisfactorily, appeal to the Electricity Ombudsman of J&K within 30 days of the CGRF’s final decision. You can email the J&K Commission at with the reference ID of your complaints.

:tipping_hand_man:t5: Tips: Remember to keep all records of your communications for reference throughout the process.

Still, have questions? :thinking: Ask by replying to us. :point_down:t5: We will help you to resolve it.