How can you file water complaints to PHE Jal Shakti Department in Jammu?

To file water complaints in Jammu & Kashmir to the Jal Shakti (Public Health Engineering) Department from regions of Jammu, Udhampur, Reasi, Rajouri, Poonch, Kathua, Kishtwar, and Ramban, you can follow this guide and use the provided helplines & contact details to lodge your complaints about water supply in Jammu:

PHE Jammu Water Helplines:

  • Helpline Number: Call the toll-free water helpline at 18001807045
  • Control Room: Dial the contact number 8899888376 or 8899888375 at Water Works Jal Shakti Division in Jammu.
  • Email: Send an email to

You can also call the Jal Shakti (PHE) Department at 0191-2547586.

File an online complaint:

  • Visit the PHE Jal Shakti portal for Jammu:
  • From the “Contact Us” option in the menu, click “Suggestions & Complaints” to open the online complaint form.
  • Fill out the required details with issues related to water supply, billing, or new connection, and supporting documents & photos.
  • Submit the form.

Finally, note down the acknowledgement/reference ID to track the status. If not resolved, you can also contact your divisional office in the Jammu region with this reference ID.

Divisional Offices:

Contact the Executive Engineer of your nearest Jal Shakti divisional office of the Public Health Engineering Department (PHE) regarding water supply services in your region.

S.No Phone Number Email
1 City I, Jammu 01912543654, 01912493871
2 City II, Jammu 01912439890, 01912451225
3 Akhnoor 01924252256, 01922543530
4 Rural Division Jammu 01912547731
5 Samba 01923243239
6 Kathua 01922237825
7 Udhampur 01992270793, 01992274898(F)
8 Doda 01996233479
9 Reasi 01991244228, 01991244323 (F)
10 Kishtwar 01995259338
11 Rajouri 01962263503, 01962263435
12 Nowshera 01960230493, 01960230068 (F)
13 Poonch 01965220282, 01965221466
14 Ramban 01998266287
15 Dharmari 9622202268
16 Gandoh 01997225125

Escalation to Higher Authorities:

If your complaint is not resolved satisfactorily, you can escalate it to higher authorities within the Jal Shakti Department such as the Superintending Engineer or your Hydraulic Circle Jal Shakti and Chief Engineer or the Jammu PHE Jal Shakti Department. These officials’ contact details are available on the contact page of the Jammu Jal Shakti Department’s official website.

Further, you can lodge a public grievance to the Public Health Engineering Department of UT Of Jammu & Kashmir through the “Integrated Grievance Redressal System” portal of the government of Jammu & Kashmir.

Approaching the Consumer Forum:

As a last resort, if your complaint remains unresolved, you can approach the Consumer Forum to report the violation of consumer rights regarding public utility services (water). You will need to file a formal complaint detailing the issue and the lack of resolution from the Jal Shakti Department.

:tipping_hand_man:t5: Tips: Keep a record of all communications and reference numbers related to your complaint and evidence if needed.

Still, have a question? :thinking: Ask by replying to us. :point_down:t5: We will help you to resolve it.

1 Like