Water tank vehicle in residential area

I have question regarding water tanks operating in residential area and those vehicles horns are horrible during nights.

I have new born baby and we are not rich to have sound proof house and these vehicle are causing more noise and disturbance for baby. Infact this vehicle sound disturbance is from college days and during those days of my exams also they were distrubing.

2 Likes

Dear @Harshitha

Noise pollution can be disruptive for a newborn baby. I think you should contact your local municipal corporation or municipality to lodge a formal complaint about the noise at midnight due to water tank vehicles. They have the authority to address noise pollution issues and may be able to take action against the vehicles causing the disturbance.

If you can share your location with the city or district name, then we will help you to make your complaint with the appropriate department of the municipal corporation/council.

Could you please help me to raise complaint as each 5/10 min a water tanker lorry will arrive for water filling (borewell service) as a resident here we are facing below problems.

** Causing a unbearable Air Pollution & Noise Pollution through 24/7 inspite of many complaints to owner of the services we don’t see any actions from many years.

** We have senior person who facing asthama & other health issues & below 1 year baby already indirectly suffering.

** Night time noise are very severe as even the smallest noise disturbs as it will be silent.

** As our home is corner because of lorry frequent movements there are damages in our building corridor for which none of any lorry drivers takes responsibility among them.

** Few instances they park their vehicles in front of our home.

inspite of complaint multiple times to place owner & service providers there’s no action since many years Hence would like to raise a formal complaint.

During Night time even the smallest of the noise will impact more.

Below provided our residential address.
Address: #15, 1st main road, Shambhavi Nagar, near GKW layout, Peenya 2nd stage, Bengaluru -560058

Dear @Harshitha

As per your concern and location, you can file a complaint about the noise pollution in your area with the pollution department of the Bruhat Bengaluru Mahanagara Palike (BBMP).

You can call the toll-free citizen helpline numbers 1533 / 80-22660000 or email comm@bbmp.gov.in. For online complaints, follow these instructions:

If any action has not been taken by the municipal corporation, you can lodge an online public grievance to the Appellate Authority of the State Pollution Control Board or the Department of Urban Development through the “Janaspandana - Integrated Public Grievance Redressal System (IPGRS)” portal of the government of Karnataka.

If still need help, you may reply to us.