How can I file civic complaints of Dehradun Municipal Corporation?

If you’re facing issues with public services in Dehradun (for example collection of garbage, road/drain/street maintenance, public works, health, streetlights, drinking water, property taxes, or certificates/approvals), you can file your complaints to the Dehradun Municipal Corporation (also known as Nagar Nigam Dehradun). Here’s how you can register your civic complaint:

Contact Nagar Nigam Citizen Helplines

  • Helpline Numbers: Call the Nagar Nigam DDN complaint numbers +918047097506, and +911352714074 to raise your concerns.
  • Citizen Helpline: Contact the citizen service center at the toll-free number 18001802525 or +911352653572 (DSCL)
  • WhatsApp (DSCL): Send a message to +911352609200 (Dehradun Smart City Ltd)
  • Email: Send your email to or (for complaints regarding civic services)

:person_tipping_hand:t5: Note: If you have any complaints or suggestions for the smart city region, email at with supporting evidence or a message.

Helplines for other complaints:

  • Drinking Water & Sewerage: Contact Uttarakhand Jal Sansthan (UJS) at 18001804100 or for these issues.

If your water complaints are not resolved, escalate to the Superintendent Engineer of the Dehradun Division, and then to the CGM of UJS. The contact details are available at the official website of UJS.

Steps to file a complaint online

  • Portal: Visit the official website of Dehradun Nagar Nigam (
  • Navigate to the complaints or contact section.
  • Open the online complaint form ( by selecting “file a grievance” from citizen services menu.
  • Provide your name, contact details, complaint category, and a clear description of the issue.
  • Attach supporting images, videos, or documents if applicable.
  • Finally, submit your complaint form.

In the last, note down the reference number of the lodged complaint. If you have visited the head office of the municipal corporation, don’t forget to obtain an acknowledgement receipt.

If your complaints are not resolved, you may escalate the grievance to the Deputy Municipal Commissioner of your zone. The contact details of the officers can be found in the directory or “Contact Us” section of the Nagar Nigam portal.

Escalation to Municipal Commissioner

If your complaint isn’t addressed within 30 days, write a formal letter to the Municipal Commissioner including the reference or acknowledgements of previously lodged complaints with the municipal corporation. The contact details where you can submit your application is:

  • Address: Municipal Commissioner, Public Grievance Cell, Nagar Nigam DDN, Headquarters, Nagar Nigam Dehradun, Near Doon Hospital, New Road, Race Course, Dehradun District – Dehradun, Uttarakhand – 248001.
  • Phone: +911352714074
  • Email:

If the issue persists, you can escalate by filing a public grievance through the “UK CM Helpline – Public Grievance System” of the Uttarakhand Government or calling at 1905. This will reach the Appellate Authority in the Public Grievance Directorate of the Department of Local Urban Bodies.

:tipping_hand_man:t5: Tips: In your complaint, always explain the problem, providing location details and any relevant reference numbers. After submission., note down complaint numbers, dates, and names of officials you interact with. Don’t hesitate to escalate your complaint if it’s unresolved within the stipulated time.

Still, have questions? :thinking: Ask by replying to us. :point_down:t5: We will help you.