How can I file complaints about PM Awas Yojana (PMAY)?

If you’re having issues with the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (PMAY) scheme for rural and urban regions, you can follow these guidelines to register your complaint with the appropriate government authorities and state officials:

PMAY Complaint Registration:

For PMAY Urban:

1. PMAY-U Public Grievance Redress and Monitoring System (PGRAMS):

If your complaint is about the Credit Linked Subsidy Scheme (CLSS) under PMAY-U (Urban), then you can lodge your grievance online through the provided PGRAMS portal. Follow these steps:

  • Visit:
  • You will need to sign up or log in.
  • Provide details of your complaint, including your PMAY application ID if applicable.
  • Track the status of your complaint online by using the reference/ticket ID.

2. Helpline Number:

If you’re not sure what to do or just want some information regarding CLSS, call the toll-free helpline number: 1800-11-3388 (Ministry of Housing & Urban Affairs) or 1800-11-6163 (for PMAY-U, HUDCO)

Additionally, you may call the National Housing Bank (NHB) at 1800-11-3377.

3. Email:

You can also email your complaint to the officials at case of an issue while submitting an application for CLSS under PMAY). Just make sure you include all the important details, like your name, address, application ID, and a clear description of what’s wrong.

You can also email your concerns to or

4. State Nodal Authority: Each state and union territory has a nodal agency for PMAY. You can find their contact information on the official PMAY website or your state’s housing department website. They might be able to resolve your issue faster since it’s more local.

Additionally, you may also lodge a public grievance to the Department of Housing through state grievance portals.

:warning: Warning: Beware of fraudulent websites or individuals claiming to offer you as the beneficiary of the PMAY scheme in exchange for some bribe or money. Use only official government channels.

For PMAY - Gramin (Rural):

If you have complaints regarding the PMAY Gramin Scheme, the direct grievance registration platform is not available. So, you have to follow the administrative grievance redressal mechanism as per the rules and laws of your state government and its Department of Rural Development.

The basic approach that you may follow is:

  • Talk to your Gram Panchayat: Your local Gram Panchayat plays a big role in implementing PMAY-Gramin. Talk to the Sarpanch/Pradhan or designated officials for the PMAY scheme. They should be able to guide you on how to file a complaint or even help you address the issue directly.

  • District-level offices: If the Gram Panchayat isn’t able to help, you can go to the district-level offices responsible for PMAY-Gramin. Here, you can file a formal complaint to the Head of the Department or District Magistrate (SDM/Collector).

  • State Nodal Agency: Each state has a Nodal Agency for PMAY-Gramin under its Department of Rural Development. You can find their contact details on the official website. They can help escalate your complaint if needed.

:tipping_hand_man:t5: Note: You can use the state public grievance portal of your state government to lodge a public grievance online directly to your local panchayat, district administration office, or state nodal agency.

So, prefer to register your Awas Yojana scheme complaint through the integrated grievance redressal system of your state.

Note: As per the guidelines of the Ministry of Rural Development, the grievances should be resolved within 45 days.

If you have complaints regarding technical support for PMAGY while applying, email or contact through the website of Pradhan Mantri Adarsh Gram Yojana of the Department of Social Justice and Empowerment

:person_tipping_hand:t5: Tips:

  • Be patient. the resolution might take a little while to resolve the issue.
  • Keep copies of everything. This way you have a record of your complaint and any responses.
  • If nothing happens, don’t be afraid to escalate the issue to higher authorities within the Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs. In the case of rural, approach the Ministry of Rural Development.

Still, have questions? :thinking: Ask by replying to us. :point_down:t5: We will help you.