Where can I file civic complaints of Vadodara Municipal Corporation (VMC)?

To file a civic complaint about administration and public services to the Vadodara Municipal Corporation (VMC) including issues related to water supply, sewerage, public works (roads, streetlights, bridges, drainage), waste management (garbage collection), property tax, building approvals, and other citizen services, you can follow these steps and use the provided contact details of the officials:

Vadodara Municipal Corporation Helplines:

  • Helpline Number: Call at the VMC’s citizen helpline number +912652433116 / +91265243318, or use the toll-free number 18002330265 to make your complaints.
  • WhatsApp: Message on +919913166666.
  • Email: Send an email to commissioner@vmc.gov.in.

You can also contact the control room of the municipal corporation by calling at +912652423101 / +912652426101. If your complaints are not resolved, contact the designated officer or executive engineer of the respective department.

Steps to file an online complaint:

Finally, note down the provided reference number to track your complaint’s status. You can also use the eNagar Gujarat or e-Nagarsewa portal to lodge complaints. If not resolved, escalate the complaint to the zonal deputy municipal commissioner or Head of Department (HOD) of the respective department by using these contact details of the officials.

Designation Phone Number Email
Dy. Muni. Commissioner, West Zone & Addl. City Engineer +912652433233 dymc_g@vmc.gov.in, dymcwest@vmc.gov.in, addlcityengr@vmc.gov.in
Dy. Muni. Commissioner, Admn. & North Zone +912652433517 dymc_a@vmc.gov.in
Dy. Muni. Commissioner (North Zone, Zoo Dept., Planetarium, Street Light Dept.) N/A dymcnorth@vmc.gov.in
Dy. Muni. Commissioner (South Zone) & Addl. City Eng. (Building Project) +912652433517 cityengr@vmc.gov.in, dymcsouth@vmc.gov.in
Dy. Muni.Commissioner (East Zone), Addl. City Engineer (Drainage Project), H.O.D. (Futuristic Planning Cell) +912652411057, +912652431741 dymceast@vmc.gov.in, exen.specialproject@vmc.gov.in

Escalation to Municipal Commissioner:

If your previously lodged municipal complaints are not resolved by HODs and designated officers of respective zones, escalate your complaint to the Municipal Commissioner at the VMC headquarters. You can write a complaint letter including the reference number and expected resolution and send it by post or email at head office:

  • Phone Number: +912652433344, +912652427557; +912652433060 (Fax)
  • Email: commissioner@vmc.gov.in
  • Address: Municipal Commissioner, Vadodara Municipal Corporation – Khanderao Market, Vadodara – 390001.

Remember to keep a record of all communications and reference numbers for future follow-ups. If you have complaints about corruption charges against officers/employees, report them to Lokayukta of Gujarat.

:tipping_hand_man:t5: Note: If your complaints are not resolved by Vadodara Municipal Corporation within the specified timeframe even after escalation to the Municipal Commissioner, lodge an online public grievance to the State Grievance Appellate Authority of the Urban Development and Urban Housing Department (UD&UHD) through “Gujarat Samadhan - Public Grievance Redressal System (CMO)” portal of the government of Gujarat.

Still, have questions? :thinking: Ask by replying to us. :point_down: We will help you.