How can I complain about Kerala State Electricity Board (KSEB)?

If you have complaints regarding the electricity services of Kerala State Electricity Board (KSEB) in districts of South, Central, North, and North Malabar Zones, you can follow these steps to make a complaint with the board:

KSEB Electricity Helplines

  • Helpline Number: Dial toll-free helpline 1912 or +914712555544 for immediate assistance (no power supply). In case of electricity accidents, call +919496010101.
  • Customer Care Number: Call to +914712444554 for support from the customer service center.
  • WhatsApp: Message +919496001912 for support via WhatsApp.
  • Email: Send your concerns to or (report power theft).

Steps to file an online complaint:

  • Visit the KSEB consumer portal:
  • Select "the “Consumer” section from the menu, then choose “online services”.
  • Click “Register your complaint” to open the online complaint form at the WSS (Web Self Service) of the electricity board.
  • Fill out the required details by attaching supporting documents such as bills, meter reading photos, or other documents.
  • Submit your complaint form.

After successful submission, note down the reference ID or acknowledgement details to track the status. Use it for further escalation, if not resolved.

Initially, you can escalate your unresolved power service complaints to the appointed Assistant or Executive Engineers of the internal grievance cell at sub-divisional or divisional offices.

Escalate to Consumer Grievance Redressal Forum (CGRF):

If your issue is not resolved, escalate it to the Consumer Grievance Redressal Forum (CGRF) of KSEB by submitting a written grievance at your local CGRF office within 2 months from the date of KSEB’s final resolution or after the resolution period has expired.

You can download a grievance form or write on plain paper with supporting documents then submit it to your CGRF Forum at the zonal offices. The contact details are:

CGRF Forum Phone Number Email
Kottarakkara +914742451300
Ernakulam +914842556500
Kozhikode +914952367820

Approach Electricity Ombudsman

IUf your grievance is not resolved by CGRF to your satisfaction within 30 days, appeal to the Electricity Ombudsman of Kerala by submitting a formal representation within 30 days of receiving the CGRF’s decision.

:person_tipping_hand:t5: Tips: Please ensure to provide all necessary details such as your KSEB Consumer/Connection Number, type of complaint, specific location of the problem, and any supporting documents when filing a complaint. For further assistance, you can visit the KSEB website or contact the assigned engineers or officials in your local circle, division, and sub-station offices.

Still, have questions? :thinking: Ask by replying to us. :point_down:t5: We will help you to resolve it.