How can you complain about Lakshadweep Electricity Board?

If you have complaints about electricity services of the Department of Electricity Lakshadweep (LED) in regions of Inicoy, Kavaratti, Amini, Andrott, Kalpeni, Agatti, Kadmat, Kilton, Chetlat, Bitra, and Bangaram, follow these steps and use provided contact details & helplines to lodge your electricity complaint in Lakshadweep:

Lakshadweep Electricity Board helplines:

  • Helpline number: Call the customer care number +914896263709 in case of emergency or no power supply.
  • Email: Send an email to

Contact Sub-Divisional Office:

You may call or email to the Assistant Engineer at your nearest sub-divisional office:

Sub-Division Phone Number Email
Agathi +91489242243
Amini +914891273205
Androth +914893232132
Bitra +914890275224
Chetlat +914899276211
Kadmat +914897274233
Kalpeni +914895252252
Kavarathi +914896262019
Kiltan +914898272231
Minicoy +914892222235
Kochi +914842668244
Beypore +914952414843

You can also visit the nearest power sub-station (sub-divisional office) in Lakshadweep to submit your complaint in person.

Steps to file an online complaint:

  • Visit the official website of Lakshadweep Electricity Department:
  • Click “Register a complaint” from the given customer services section.
  • Fill out the online complaint form with required details
  • Attach supporting documents
  • Submit the form

Finally, note down the reference/ticket ID to track status. you can also login or register your account to access online consumer services such as pay your electricity bill online or get new connection.

If your issue is not resolved within 7 working days at Level 1, escalate it to the Nodal Officer at the LED’s Headquarters. You can write a letter or send an email with your complaint details at:

  • Phone Number: +914896262363, +914896262936 (Fax)
  • Email:
  • Address: HQ, Lakshadweep Electricity Department, Kavaratti Island, UT of Lakshadweep – 682555.

Escalation to Consumer Forum (CGRF):

For unresolved complaints after the allotted time at Level 2 (sub-divisional office or headquarters), file a complaint with the Consumer Grievance Redressal Forum (CGRF) of the Electricity Department of Lakshadweep. You can write a grievance letter including acknowledgement receipt and expected relief from the forum.

Contact details of the forum are:

  • Phone Number: +914896262127, +914896262616
  • Email:,
  • Address: Chairperson, Office of the CGRF – The CGRF for Electricity, UT of Lakshadweep, Near Power House, Kavaratti – 682555.

Don’t forget to get an acknowledgement receipt for your submission.

Approach the Electricity Ombudsman:

If you are dissatisfied with the CGRF’s final order or if the complaint remains unresolved after given resolution period (usually 45 days), you can appeal to the Electricity Ombudsman at the Joint Electricity Regulatory Commission (JERCUTS) within 30 days of final response or expiry of the resolution period.

Still, have a question? :thinking: Ask by replying to us. :point_down:t5: We will help you to resolve it.

1 Like