Where to complain about Puducherry Electricity Board (EDGOP)?

To file a complaint about electricity services with the Electricity Department of Puducherry (EDGOP) in Karaikal, Mahe, and Yanam, you can follow this guide and use the provided customer helplines & contact details of the power department:

Puducherry Electricity Board Helplines:

  • Helpline Number: Call the EDGOP’s customer service team on the toll-free number 1912 or 18004251912 for immediate assistance in case of no power supply or emergency.
  • Email: Send your complaint details by email to support-ped.py@gov.in.

Contact sub-divisional office:

You can call to the Executive Engineer (EE) of your nearest sub-divisional office in Puducherry:

Region Phone Numbers
Urban O&M, Puducherry +914132339543
Rural North Puducherry +914132339543
Rural South Puducherry +914132358564
Karaikal +914368222694
Main Office, Mahe +914132343687, +914132338689
Main Office, Yanam +914132222552, +914132343687

Visit your nearest sub-station or sub-divisional office in Puducherry to file your complaint physically.

Steps to file an online complaint:

  • Visit the official website of Pondicherry Electricity Department: https://pedservices.py.gov.in/
  • Click “Consumer Registration” to register your account or login to access online services.
  • Click “Register a complaint” to open the online complaint form.
  • From consumer portal of EDGOP, click “Complaints” to make your complaint online.
  • Fill out the required details in the online form including customer ID (if required) and the problem to be resolved.
  • Submit the form.

Finally, note down the reference/ticket ID to track status. Additionally, you can also lodge your complaint to the Puducherry Electricity Board through CPGRAMS (Centralized Public Grievance Redress and Monitoring System).

Escalation to Consumer Forum (CGRF):

If your complaint is not resolved within 7 working days at Level 1 by the customer service center or Executive Engineer (EE) at the Sub-Divisional Office, escalate it to the Consumer Grievance Redressal Forum (CGRF) of the Electricity Department of the Govt of Puducherry.

You can write a grievance letter including reference/acknowledgement receipt of previously unresolved complaints, expected relief from the forum, and supporting documents. Send it to the forum at:

  • Phone Number: +914132201351, +914132201451
  • Fax: 04132201451
  • Email: cgrfped@py.gov.in, cgrfped.pon@nic.in
  • Address: Chairperson, Office of the CGRF – Consumer Grievance Redressal Forum, Electricity Department of Puducherry, Door No.6, 17th Cross Street, Anna Nagar, Puducherry – 605005.

Approach the Electricity Ombudsman:

If the resolution provided by CGRF is unsatisfactory, or the complaint remains unresolved after the given resolution period (usually 45 days), appeal to the Electricity Ombudsman for Goa and All-Union Territories within 30 days of the final response from the Forum or expiry of the resolution period.

Still, have a question? :thinking: Ask by replying to us. :point_down:t5: We will help you to resolve it.

1 Like