How to file complaints about BEST electricity services in Mumbai?

To file an electricity complaint with Brihanmumbai Electricity Supply & Transport (BEST) in regions of Colaba, Masjid, Pathakwadi, Tardeo, Suparbaug, Dadar, Worli, Mahim, and Dharavi, you can follow these steps and use helplines & contact details to make your electricity complaint in Mumbai:

BEST Electricity Helplines:

Regional Customer Care Center:

Contact your regional centers of BEST to report power outages or issues related to electricity services.

Customer Care Center Helpline Number WhatsApp
Colaba +912222184242 +918828871643
Masjid +912223474242 +918828871650
Pathakwadi +912222084242 +918828879653
Tardeo +912223094242 +918828847566
Suparibaug +912224114242 +918828871641
Suparibaug (FS) +912224114242 +918828871641
Dadar +912224124242 +918828847563
Worli +912224954242 +918828847567
Mahim +912224444242 +918828871644
Dharavi +918657448060 +918828871659

To report about streetlights, you can WhatsApp at +917208836089 or contact here:

Region Helpline Number(s)
North Mumbai +912224101517, +912224194534
South Mumbai +912223771839

If not resolved, you can contact your divisional or ward office to escalate the unresolved complaint or get instant help regarding electricity services of BEST.

Steps to File an Online Complaint:

  • Visit the official online portal BEST Electric:
  • From electricity section, click “Customer Care” option
  • From “Online Services” section, click “Complaints
  • Login with your consumer number and OTP
  • Open the online complaint form
  • Select category of your complaint and provide a detailed description of the issue and attach any relevant documents or photos.
  • Submit the form.

Finally, note down the reference/ticket ID to track status. If not resolved, escalate the complaint to head office of BEST.

Escalation to BEST CGRF:

If your issue remains unresolved by customer service center or divisional offices, escalate it to the Consumer Grievance Redressal Forum (CGRF) of BEST. You can fill out the “Annexure A” form with required details and submit it to the CGRF office at the head office.

You can also lodge your grievance online to the Forum of BEST with reference/ticket ID of previous complaint and expected relief.

The contact details of CGRF Forum:

  • Phone Number: +912222799528
  • Email:
  • Address: Consumer Grievance Redressal Forum, Regulatory Cell, Ground Floor, Multistoried Bldg., Electric House, BEST Marg, Colaba, Mumbai – 400001.

Approach to Electricity Ombudsman:

If you are not satisfied with the CGRF’s final resolution, you may appeal to the Electricity Ombudsman of Maharashtra within 30 days of the CGRF’s final decision.

Further, you can approach the High Court of Maharashtra state to challenge the decision of the Ombudsman. For commercial/licensee disputes you may approach the Maharashtra Electricity Regulatory Commission (MERC) or the Appellate Tribunal for Electricity (APTEL).

:tipping_hand_man:t5: Tips: Remember to keep a record of all communications and reference IDs for your complaints and escalations.

Still, have questions? :thinking: Ask by replying to us. :point_down:t5: We will help you.