Where to file complaints about APDCL electricity services in Assam?

If you have complaints about the electricity services of Assam Power Distribution Company Limited (APDCL) in regions of Guwahati, Rangia, Bongaigaon, Nagaon, Tezpur, Silchar, and Jorhat Zones, you can use the following helplines and contact details to file your complaints with Assam Electricity Board:

APDCL Helplines

  • Helpline Number: Call the toll-free number 1912 or +9122352961172 for immediate assistance (no power supply)
  • Customer Care Number: Dial the customer service number +912269132900 to get help from executives of APDCL.
  • WhatsApp: Message on +917575999666
  • Email: Send an email to support@apdcl.org

When filing your complaint, provide your Electricity Connection Number, the nature of the complaint, the location of the incident (if applicable), and a detailed description with supporting evidence.

Step to file an online complaint

  • Visit the APDCL online consumer portal: https://www.apdcl.org/
  • Click “Register a complaint” from the menu.
  • Navigate to the online complaint registration section of the Bijulee Bandhu portal.
  • Fill in the required details such as the connection number and complaint nature.
  • Upload any supporting documents, if necessary.
  • Submit the complaint form.

Finally, note the reference ID to track status. You can also use it to escalate unresolved complaints to higher officials of the electricity board.

Not resolved by customer service or local power station? You can escalate the complaint to the designated Assistant Executive (AE) or Executive Engineer (EE) of the Internal Grievance Redressal Cell (IGRC) at the nearest divisional or subdivisional office.

Escalation to Consumer Forum (CGRF)

If your complaint is not resolved by customer service or IGR Cell at divisional or sub-divisional offices within the resolution period, you can escalate it by lodging a grievance to the Consumer Grievance Redressal Forum (CGRF) of APDCL at your zonal/circle offices within 30 days of the final response or expiry of the resolution period.

You can write a grievance letter or download the grievance form to submit your complaints to the CGRF Forum in your region.

Contact details of CGRF:

Approaching the Electricity Ombudsman

If your escalated complaints with CGRF are not resolved to your satisfaction within the specified resolution period (usually 45 days), you may appeal to the Electricity Ombudsman of Assam within 30 days of receiving the final decision from CGRF. No fee is required, and you do not need an advocate.

:tipping_hand_man:t5: Tips: Further, you can approach the High Court of Assam to challenge the decision of the Ombudsman. For commercial/licensee disputes, you can file a petition to the Assam Electricity Regulatory Commission (AERC).

Still, have questions? :thinking: Ask by replying to us. :point_down:t5: We will help you.