Where can you file complaints about NBPDCL electricity services?

If you have complaints regarding power supply services with North Bihar Power Distribution Company Ltd (NBPDCL) in districts of Muzaffarpur East/West, Sitamarhi, Sheohar, East/West Champaran, Darbhanga, Madhubani, Samastipur, Begusarai, Khagaria, Saharsa, Supaul, Madhepura, Purnea, Katihar, Kishanganj, Araria, Bhagalpur, Banka, Gopalganj, Siwan, and Saran, you can use these steps to register your complaints with North Bihar Electricity Board:

NBPDCL Helplines:

  • Helpline Numbers: Call the toll-free helpline 1912 or +917763818425 for immediate assistance in case of no power supply.
  • Customer Care Number: Contact customer service by calling at +916122504745 (Vigilance) to report power theft.
  • Email: Send an email to pgc.nbpdcl02@gmail.com or nbpdclgmhr@gmail.com

Steps to File a Complaint Online

  • Visit the NBPDCL consumer portal: https://www.nbpdcl.co.in/
  • Navigate to the ‘Online Complaint’ section from the menu.
  • Click “Complaint Registration” to open the online complaint form.
  • Fill out the required details in the form with your CA Number.
  • Enter your Electricity Connection Number and the nature of your complaint.
  • Provide a detailed description and attach any supporting evidence, such as copies of bills or photos of incidents.
  • Submit the complaint.

Finally, note the acknowledgement number for future reference. Use it to escalate your complaints to higher officials.

If your previous complaint is not resolved by the customer service center, escalate it to the Internal Grievance Redressal Cell at the sub-divisional or divisional offices of the electricity board.

Additionally, you may email dgrcell@nbpdcl.co.in to escalate the complaint with the grievance cell.

Escalation to Consumer Forum (CGRF):

If your complaint remains unresolved within the stipulated resolution period or is not resolved to your satisfaction, escalate it to the Consumer Grievance Redressal Forum (CGRF) at the zonal offices. You can submit your grievance in writing as per the specified format or download the grievance form and attach all necessary documents.

The contact details of the CGRF Forum offices of NBPDCL are:

Approaching the Electricity Ombudsman

If the CGRF’s decision is unsatisfactory or if the complaint is not resolved within 30 days, you may file an appeal with the Electricity Ombudsman of Bihar. This process is free of charge and does not require legal representation.

:tipping_hand_man:t5: Tips: Please note that for any violation of consumer rights by NBPDCL, you can also lodge a consumer complaint with the National Consumer Helpline (NCH) or the Consumer Commission (NCDRC).

Still, have questions? :thinking: Ask by replying to us. :point_down:t5: We will help you to resolve it.