Where to file complaints about SBPDCL electricity services?

If you have complaints about electricity complaints South Bihar Power Distribution Company Limited (SBPDCL) in circles of PESU (E), PESU (W), Patna, Ara, Aurangabad, Bhagalpur, Biharsharif, Munger, Jamui, Sasarm, and Gaya, follow these steps to file your complaints with South Bihar Electricity Board:

SBPDCL Helplines:

  • Helpline Number: Call the toll-free number 1912 or +9181027218301 for immediate assistance (no power supply).
  • Customer Care Number: Dial the customer service number +919264454457 (Vigilance) to report power theft
  • Email: Send an email to gmhrsbpdclvill@gmail.com

Steps to file a complaint online

  • Visit the SBPDCL website: https://www.sbpdcl.co.in/
  • Select “online complaint” from the menu.
  • Click “Complaint Registration”.
  • Open the online complaint form and fill out the required details.
  • Include your SBPDCL Connection Number, the nature of the complaint, the location of the incident, and any relevant evidence such as bills or photos.
  • Submit the form.

Alternatively, you can also lodge your electricity complaints through the Har Ghar Bijli - hargharbijli.bsphcl.co.in portal.

After successful submission, don’t forget to note down the reference or acknowledgement ID to track the status. You can also use it to escalate the unresolved complaint to higher officials.

First, you can contact the Assistant Executive Engineer (AE) or Executive Engineer (EE) of your sub-divisional or divisional offices to escalate an unresolved complaint to the internal grievance cell.

Escalation to Consumer Forum (CGRF):

If your complaint is not resolved by customer service or the internal grievance cell of the South Bihar Electricity Board, escalate it to the Consumer Grievance Redressal Forum (CGRF) at the nearest zonal or circle office of SBPDCL. You can write a grievance letter or download it (grievance form) to submit your unresolved grievance with CGRF.

The contact details of the CGRF Forum in South Bihar:

Approaching the Electricity Ombudsman:

If the CGRF’s resolution is unsatisfactory or if they fail to respond within the specified timeframe (usually 45 days), you can appeal to the Electricity Ombudsman of Bihar within 30 days from the CGRF’s decision or the expiry of the resolution period. This process is free of charge and does not require legal representation.

Further, you may appeal to the High Court of Bihar or Bihar Electricity Regulatory Commission (BERC), specifically for commercial or licensee disputes.

Still, have questions? :thinking: Ask by replying to us. :point_down:t5: We will help you to resolve it.