How can you file electricity complaints of Uttar Haryana Bijli Vitran Nigam (UHBVN)?

If you have complaints about electricity services of Uttar Haryana Bijli Vitran Nigam (UHBVN) in districts of Panchkula, Ambala, Yamunanagar, Kurukshetra, Kaithal, Karnal, Panipat, Sonepat, Rohtak, and Jhajjar, follow this guide and use the provided contact details and helplines to make your complaint with Northern Haryana Electricity Board:

UHBVN Electricity Helplines:

  • Toll-Free Helpline: Call 1912 or 18001801550 for general complaints or in case of emergency (no power supply.
  • Customer Care Number: Dial 18001807332 to report electricity theft.
  • WhatsApp: Message +919815961912 for quick assistance.
  • Email: Send your concerns to

If not resolved, escalate the complaint to the internal grievance cell of your divisional/sub-divisional offices of the electricity board.

Steps to File a Complaint Online:

  • Visit the UHBVN website:
  • Click “Register Complaints” from the menu
  • Open the online complaint form by clicking the “Register a Complaint” button.
  • Provide your UHBVN Connection Number, nature of the complaint, location (if applicable), and a detailed description with supporting evidence like bill copies or photos.
  • Submit the form.

Finally, note down the acknowledgement/docket ID to track the status.

Escalation to CGRF:

If the complaint is not resolved at the customer care center, local power station, or Internal Grievance Redressal Cell (IGRC) at your nearest sub-divisional office within 3 months, escalate to the Consumer Grievance Redressal Forum (CGRF) at your local zonal offices.

You can write a grievance letter or download the grievance form to submit your concerns by sending the application to the CGRF Forum at zonal offices. You can email, send a post, or visit in person at:

  • Phone Number: +911744222855, +911722990341
  • Email:
  • Address: Consumer Grievance Redressal Forum, Uttar Haryana Bijli Vitran Nigam Limited, Sector-8, 1st Floor, Near Gymkhana Club, Kurukshetra-136118 (Haryana).

Don’t forget to obtain the reference/acknowledgement receipt from the CGRF Forum.

Approaching the Electricity Ombudsman:

If the CGRF resolution is unsatisfactory or not provided within 45 days, escalate to the Electricity Ombudsman of Haryana. You must submit your complaint within 30 days of the final response from CGRF.

:tipping_hand_man:t5: Tips: Remember to follow the specific guidelines for each step, including any required deposits for monetary disputes when escalating to the CGRF.

Still, have questions? :thinking: Ask by replying to us. :point_down:t5: We will help you.