How to complain about electricity services of UPCL (Uttarakhand Electricity Board)?

If you have complaints about electricity services of Uttarakhand Power Corporation Limited (UPCL) in districts of Almora, Bageshwar, Chamoli, Champawat, Dehradun, Haridwar, Nainital, Pauri Garhwal, Pithoragarh, Rudraprayag, Tehri Garhwal, Udham Singh Nagar, and Uttarkashi, you can follow these steps to make your complaint with Uttarakhand (UK) Electricity Board:

UPCL Electricity Helplines

  • Helpline Number: Call the toll-free number 1912 for immediate assistance (no power supply) and complaint registration.
  • Customer Care Number: Dial the customer service number 1800-419-0405 (Toll-Free) to report power theft or call 0135-2760911 for general help regarding consumer services.
  • Email: You can also email at or (for online payment/billing issues).

Steps to file an online complaint:

  • Visit the UPCL’s online portal:
  • Select “Complaint/Request” from the menu.
  • From the “Services” section, click “Complaint Registration
  • Sign in using the registered mobile number or sign up.
  • Open the online complaint form.
  • Provide details such as your connection number, consumer name, phone number, address, and a description of the issue, along with any supporting documents.
  • Submit the form.

After this, note down the reference/acknowledgement ID to track the status. You can also use this ID to escalate your unresolved complaint to senior officials of the electricity board.

Escalation to the Consumer Forum (CGRF)

If your complaint is not resolved or you’re unsatisfied with the decisions of customer service or divisional/sub-divisional offices, approach the Consumer Grievance Redressal Forum (CGRF) of UPCL. You can submit a written application (or download a grievance form) or call the concerned CGRF forum within 30 days of receiving UPCL’s final decision.

The contact details of the CGRF Forum of respective zones:

Regional CGRF Forum Phone Number Email
Dehradun 01352763672, 01352763675 -
Srinagar (Garhwal) 01346252137 -
Haldwani 05946266223
Rudrapur 05944240503
Uttarkashi - -
Haridwar 01334265389 -
Karanprayag - -
Almora - -
Pithoragarh - -

Appeal to the Electricity Ombudsman

If the CGRF Forum does not resolve your issue or if you disagree with their decision, file a petition with the Electricity Ombudsman of Uttarakhand under the Electricity (Regulation) Act, 2013.

You have to submit your appeal within 30 days of the CGRF’s final decision or after the expiry of the resolution time frame, usually 90 days. Must submit three copies of your application to the Ombudsman, along with the CGRF decision and all relevant documents.

For more help, you may email to or contact at:

  • Address: Ombudsman (Electricity), Uttarakhand Electricity Regulatory Commission, 80 Vasant Vihar, Phase I, Dehradun, Pin – 248001

If you remain dissatisfied with the final order, you can approach the High Court of Uttarakhand or the Appellate Tribunal for Electricity, which is the highest authority for such commercial/licensee disputes.

:tipping_hand_man:t5: Tips:

  • Always keep records of your complaints, including reference numbers, dates, and any communication with UPCL.
  • If you need assistance, consider seeking help from a consumer advocacy group at UERC or a legal advisor.

Still, have questions? :thinking: Ask by replying to us. :point_down:t5: We will help you to resolve it.