How to complain about Sikkim Electricity Board?

If you have complaints about electricity services of the Power Department of Sikkim in districts of Gangtok, Mangan, Pakyong, Soreng, Namchi, and Gyalshing, follow these steps and use the provided contact details & helplines to register your power complaints to the board:

Sikkim Electricity Board Helplines:

Customer Care Center

You can call your local customer service center of the electricity board using these helplines in Sikkim:

Town/City Helpline Number
East Sikkim +913592202911, +913592202912
DEV. AREA (East) +913592202002
5th Mile Tadong +913592231901
Tadong +913592231922
Sichey +913592284100
Burtuk +913592203291
Chandmari +913592206817

Steps to File an Online Complaint:

  • Visit the official online portal of the Power Department, Sikkim:
  • Click “e-Services” option
  • Login to your account or sign up (if not registered)
  • Click “Docket your complaint” to open the online complaint form.
  • Fill in the required details such as your name, address, and the nature of the electricity issue.
  • Submit the complaint and note down the complaint number for future reference.

To pay your electricity bill online, use “Easy Pay” with your Consumer ID (18 digit) and Contract Account Number (9 digit). Further, you can contact your nearest sub-divisional office to raise your concerns.

Escalation to Consumer Forum (CGRF):

If your complaint is not resolved by customer care center or sub-divisional office within the stipulated time or you are unsatisfied with the resolution, you can escalate it to the Consumer Grievance Redressal Forum (CGRF) of the Power Department of Sikkim.

You can write a grievance letter including referenc ID of unresolved complaint and expected resolution from the forum or download the grievance form and fill out the required details. Submit this application by post or visit in person at the zonal/circle office.

Contact details of the CGRF Forum are:

  • Email:
  • Address: Consumer Grievance Redressal Forum, Power Department, Kazi Rd, Vishal Gaon, Gangtok, Sikkim - 737101.

Approaching the Electricity Ombudsman:

If the CGRF does not resolve your grievance within 30 to 45 days, you can approach the Electricity Ombudsman of Sikkim, which is a quasi judicial body under the Sikkim State Electricity Regulatory Commission.

Still, have questions? :thinking: Ask by replying to us. :point_down:t5: We will help you.