How to file gas and power complaints to Delmarva Power?

It’s important to know the correct procedure for filing complaints related to power or gas supply by Delmarva (Exelon Company). If you’re experiencing issues with your gas or power service and need to file a complaint with Delmarva Power, follow these steps to ensure your concerns are addressed.

Step 1: Report an Emergency

If you smell natural gas or see downed power lines, prioritize safety by leaving the area immediately and then use these hotlines:

  • For gas emergencies, call 302-454-0317.
  • For electric emergencies, call 1800-898-8042.

Step 2: Contact Customer Service

For non-emergency issues, contact Delmarva Power’s customer service at 1800-375-7117.

  • Delaware TTY: 800-232-5460 (English) and 877-335-7595 (Spanish)

  • Maryland TTY: 800-735-2258 (English) and 800-877-1264 (Spanish)

:alarm_clock: Note: Representatives are available from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m., Monday through Friday. Avoid peak times for shorter wait times, such as Tuesday to Thursday between 11:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m.

Step 3: Online Complaint Submission

  • Visit Delmarva Power’s website and navigate to the ‘Contact Us’ section.

  • Use the online complaint form ( to submit your complaint. Note that this should not be used for emergencies.

  • Online requests are processed in the order received and may take 3-5 business days.

Step 4: Mailing Address

For written complaints, send your correspondence to:

  • Delmarva Power, P.O. Box 17006, Wilmington, DE 19850-7006.

Step 5: Online Account Management

Manage your account online to report outages or check outage status without waiting on hold.

  • Sign in to your account to access these services 24/7.

Step 6: Public Utility Commission

If your complaint is not resolved to your satisfaction, you can contact the Delaware Public Service Commission (PSC).

To file utility complaints against Delmarva Power, you can contact the Delaware Public Service Commission using the following details:

  • Main Contact Number: 302-736-7500

  • In-State Toll-Free: 800-282-8574, 1888-607-2427 (Public Advocate)

  • Online: File your utility complaint online by submitting a complaint form ( at Delware PSC’s official website.

  • Mailing Address: Delaware Public Service Commission 861 Silver Lake Boulevard Cannon Building, Suite 100 Dover, DE 19904.

For specific concerns or questions about the Commission or its proceedings, you can direct your comments to the Ombudsman at the PSC.

:warning: Note: Please note that it’s important not to report electric or natural gas emergencies via email or online forms; instead, call the emergency numbers 302-454-0317 (gas) and 1800-898-8042 (electricity) provided by Delmarva Power for immediate assistance.

Still, have doubts? :thinking: Ask by replying below. :point_down:t5: We will help you to resolve it.