How to Lodge a Gas and Power Complaint to ComEd (Commonwealth Edison)?

If you need to make a complaint regarding gas and power services with ComEd such as outages or no supply, billing disputes, or quality of services, here are the steps you can follow using the contact details provided by Commonwealth Edison:

Emergency Situations:

For immediate concerns such as downed power lines, call the hotline 1-800-EDISON-1 (1-800-334-7661) and leave the area immediately.

ComEd Customer Service:

For non-emergencies, contact ComEd Customer Service at 1-800-EDISON-1 (1-800-334-7661) available from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m., Monday through Friday.

For business support, Call 1-877-426-6331.

Language Assistance:

If you require language translation services, ComEd assists in different languages at the same number, 1-800-EDISON-1 (1-800-334-7661).

Mailing Address:

You can also send your complaint via mail to:

  • :mailbox_with_mail: ComEd Customer Care Center, P.O. Box 805379, Chicago, IL 60680-5379.

Report Online

If you prefer online services or make a complaint online, you can manage your account and report issues through ComEd’s website.

Visit here: Customer Support | ComEd - An Exelon Company (

Remember to provide detailed information about your complaint to ensure a quick and accurate response from ComEd.

Approach to Illinois Commerce Commission

If your complaints are not resolved to your satisfaction, file a complaint against ComEd to Illinois Commerce Commission, a public utility service commission that regulates the utility company.

To make a complaint, visit here: File a Complaint (

Don’t forget to provide the ticket/reference ID of previous complaints with ComEd.

Have any question regarding this guide? :thinking: Ask by replying below.