Where to make power complaints of Southern California Edison (SCE)?

To file a complaint regarding electricity services of Southern California Edison (SCE) in all major counties of California including Fresno, Kern, Madera, Riverside, Tuolumne, Imperial, Kings, Mono, San Bernardino, Tulare, Inyo, Los Angeles, Orange, Santa Barbara, and Ventura, you can follow these steps:

SCE Customer Service:

  • Hotline: Call the toll-free number +180061119111 or 18003678851 (Catalina Island) for power outages or +18006111911 for voltage issues. In case of an emergency/downed powerline dial 911.
  • Customer Service Number: Call to customer support at +18006554555 or +18009502356 for payment/extentions help.
  • Email (Cyber Security): csinfogov@sce.com

If you are a business customer, call the business customer care number 18009907788 to report an issue with SCE.

Power Issues Hotline
Agricultural Customer Assistance 18008961245
Energy/Power Theft 18002273901
Net Energy Metering 18667017868
Bankruptcy Notification 18006554555

You can also send a written complaint by postal mail here:

  • Southern California Edison, Residential/Business Customers Service, P.O. BOX 600, Rosemead, CA 91771-0001.

Steps to File a Complaint Online:

  • Visit the help center of SCE - sce.com.
  • Click “Support” from the menu.
  • Select support topic.
  • Submit your complaint by using the provided online complaint form.

Finally, note down the reference ID to track status. You can also submit your complaint through the online form or mobile app. To access online services at the SCE portal, you may be required to provide your name, contact details, SCE account number, service address, and a detailed description of the issue.

:tipping_hand_man:t5: Note: To submit your claim or get help, call the hotline at +18002513311 or email to claims@sce.com. For more help, visit the claims & support page of the SCE website.

Approach to California Public Utility Commission (CPUC):

If your issues related to electricity services or gas are not resolved by Southern California Edison to your satisfaction within the specified timeframe, file a utility consumer complaint to the California Public Utility Commission. You can make your complaint online by submitting the provided online complaint form (cpuc.ca.gov) or sending your written complaint by postal mail.

The contact details of the CPUC are:

  • Phone No.: +18006497570
  • Fax: 1-415-7031158
  • Mailing Address: Consumer Affairs Branch, CPUC, 505 Van Ness Avenue, San Francisco, CA 94102–32982.

Provide all necessary details, references to previous complaints, and evidence when filing your complaint at each stage.

Still, have questions? :thinking: Ask by replying to us. :point_down:t5: We will help you to resolve it.