Where to file complaints about KESCO electricity services?

To file electricity complaints with Kanpur Electricity Supply Company (KESCO) from regions of Kanpur city, Panki, Naubasta, Azad Nagar, Krishnanagar, Dada Naga, Meharwan Singh, Ka Purwa, Bithoor, Kanpur South, Armapur, and Ratanpur, follow this guide and use the provided contact details to make your power complaint in Kanpur.

KESCO Helplines:

  • Toll-Free Numbers: Call the KESCO’s helpline number 1912 or 180018019121 to report about no power supply.
  • Customer Care Number: Dial +919919102123 and +919919457274 to contact the customer care executive for electricity services.
  • WhatsApp: Message on +918287835233.
  • Email: Send an email to kescohelpline@gmail.com or customercare@uppcl.org

You can also file your complaint online to UPPCL about KESCO services in Kanpur City.

Steps to file an online complaint:

  • Visit the official KESCO portal (kesco.co.in) to access the online complaint form.
  • Select “Customer Service” from the menu option.
  • Click “Register a complaint” to open the complaint form or “Customer Feedback” to submit your feedback.
  • Fill out the required details including your consumer ID with location of the incident.
  • Submit the form.

Finally, note down the reference ID to track status. Additionally, you can also login to your account to access online services such as pay your electricity bill online or get new connection.

If not resolved, escalate your complaints to the local power station or your nearest sub-divisional office in Kanpur.

Escalation to CGRF:

If your complaint is not resolved by customer care center and internal grievance cell at sub-divisional offices within the resolution period or you are unsatisfied with the response, escalate the grievance to the Consumer Grievance Redressal Forum (CGRF) of KESCO.

You can write a grievance letter to the forum including acknowledgement/ticket ID of unresolved complaint and expected resolution or download the provided grievance form and submit it to the CGRF Forum at head office by post or visit in person.

Contact Details of the Forum are:

  • Phone No: 05122530010, 05126457209
  • Fax No: 0512-2530836
  • Email: cgrfkesco@gmail.com
  • Address: Consumer Grievance Redressal Forums, Kanpur Electric Supply Company Ltd, 14/71, Civil Line KESA House, Kanpur – 208001.

Approach the Electricity Ombudsman:

If the CGRF does not resolve your grievance within the resolution period (usually 45 days) or if you are dissatisfied with their final order, you can file a petition to the Electricity Ombudsman of Uttar Pradesh within 30 days of final response or expiry of resolution period.

Further, you can appeal to the High Court of Uttar Pradesh state to challenge the decision of the Ombudsman. For commercial disputes, you may approach the Uttar Pradesh Electricity Regulatory Commission (UPERC) and the Appellate Tribunal for Electricity (APTEL).

Still, have question? :thinking: Ask by replying to us. :point_down:t5: We will help you to resolve it.