Where to file electricity complaints to Power and Electricity Department, Mizoram (PEDGOM)?

If you want to file an electricity complaint with the Power and Electricity Department, Mizoram (PEDGOM) in Aizawl, Champhai, Hnahthial, Khawzawl, Kolasib, Lawngtlai, Lunglei, Mamit, Saiha, Saitual, and Serchhip, you can follow these steps and use the provided contact details & helplines to make your electricity complaints:

Mizoram Electricity Board Helplines:

  • Helpline Numbers: Call the helplines 03892321650 or 03892322174 to report issues such as power supply outages or other service-related problems.
  • Customer Care Number: Contact customer service by calling to 03892310169 for electricity services.

If your complaints are not resolved, escalate them to the sub-divisional or divisional office of the electricity board.

Steps to file an online complaint:

  • Visit the PEDGOM porta: https://power.mizoram.gov.in/
  • Click “Report an Emergency” or login/register yourself to lodge your complaint.
  • Open the online complaint form.
  • Provide necessary details including your consumer number and the nature of the complaint.

Finally, note down the reference/ticket ID to track the status of your complaint.

Escalation to Consumer Forum (CGRF):

If your complaint is not resolved within the stipulated time or you are dissatisfied with the resolution, escalate the matter to the Consumer Grievance Redressal Forum or Mizoram Electricity Board. You must file a grievance within 30 days after the final response or expiry of the given period by the Integrated Grievance Redressal Cell (IGRC) of your sub-division.

You can send a written complaint letter or use the provided grievance form to the forum by post or visit in person:

  • Phone No.: +91389233684
  • Email: eincpower@gmail.com
  • Address: Office of the Engineer in Chief, Power & Electricity Department, Government of Mizoram, Kawlphetha, New Secretariat Complex, Khatla, Aizawl, Mizoram. Pin-796001.

Approaching the Electricity Ombudsman:

If the CGRF does not redress your grievance within 45 days, you can file a petition to the Electricity Ombudsman, JERC (Manipur & Mizoram). The petition must be filed within 30 days following the response or expiry of the time limit set by the CGRF.

Still, have questions? :thinking: Ask by replying to us. :point_down:t5: We will help you.