How can you file electricity complaints of Maharashtra Electricity Board (MSEDCL)?

There are many instances where you may encounter issues such as power outages, no electricity supply, meter defects, billing errors, or meter faults in regions of Maharashtra. In such scenarios, you can file your electricity complaints to MSEDCL (Maharashtra State Electricity Board) by using these steps:

MSEDCL Electricity Helplines

  • Toll-Free Helpline Number: Dial 1912 or 19120 for immediate assistance in case of emergency (no power supply).

  • Customer Care Number: Call to 18002333435 for customer service inquiries or +912226478246 for online payment issues.

  • SMS Service: Send an SMS to +919930399303 with the message “NOPOWER <12 digit Consumer number>” to report power failures.

  • Email Support: For general queries, email, and for online payment issues, contact

You can also register your electricity complaint online to Maha Vitran by submitting an online complaint form ( on the official website of Maharashtra State Electricity Distribution Company Limited.

:tipping_hand_man:t5: Note: High-tension (HT) consumers can call the helpline number +912226478989 / +912226478899 or send an email to

If your complaints are not resolved, you may escalate the case to the Executive Engineers (EE) of the Internal Grievance Redressal Cell (IGRC) at sb-divisional offices.

Escalation to Consumer Grievance Redressal Forum (CGRF)

If the initial complaint resolution by regional offices or IGRC does not meet your satisfaction, you can escalate the matter to the CGRF. This forum addresses consumer grievances as per the MERC (CGRF & Electricity Ombudsman) Regulations, 2006.

Ensure to provide all previous complaint copies and supporting documents within 60 days of the IGRC’s decision.

You can also submit an online complaint form to CGRF of MSEDL. To submit your written grievance letter, visit in person or contact the Regional Circle CGRF forums.

Approaching the Electricity Ombudsman

For unresolved issues or dissatisfaction with the CGRF’s decision, consumers have the right to approach the Electricity Ombudsman of Maharashtra. An appeal must be filed using the prescribed representation form within 30 days from the CGRF’s final decision or the expiry of the resolution period.

Still, have questions? :thinking: Ask by replying to us. :point_down:t5: We will help you to resolve it.