Where to file power & gas complaints of Florida Power & Light (FPL)?

If you want to file complaints about power and gas services of Florida Power & Light (FPL) from across the state including major cities such as Miami, Fort Lauderdale, West Palm Beach, Orlando, Tampa, Sarasota, Naples, Fort Myers, and Jacksonville, follow this guide and use provided helplines & contact details to make your complaint with FPL:

Contact FPL Customer Service

  • Hotline: Call the customer service hotline at 1-888-988-82491.
  • Report Outage: Call 1-800-4-OUTAGE (1-800-468-8243).
  • Power Theft: Call 1-800-528-6621 or email rp-customer-tips.sharedmailbox@fpl.com.
  • Customer Care: Call the FPL hotline at 18884437717 to resolve issues related to claims or to compensate for your monetary losses.

Steps to File an Online Complaint:

  1. Visit the official website of FPL: https://www.fpl.com/
  2. Select “Support” from the menu.
  3. Click “Contact us
  4. Log in to the FPL Support portal or use the mobile app.
  5. Open the online complaint form
  6. Provide details such as account number, nature of the complaint, and relevant dates/times.
  7. Receive a reference number for your complaint.

Finally, note down the reference/ticket ID to track the status of your lodged complaint.

Escalate to Customer Care Center:

You can request a review of your unresolved complaint by contacting 1-888-988-8249 and asking for a supervisor. You can also write a formal complaint letter and send it to the customer care center here:

  • Address: Send a letter to FPL Customer Care Center, P.O. Box 025576, Miami, FL 33102-55765.

Approach Public Utility Commission:

If your power & gas complaints are not resolved to your satisfaction by FPL, approach the Florida Public Service Commission (FPSC) to make your utility complaint against the company. You can submit your complaint online or write a complaint letter to its head office.

Contact details of FPSC are:

  • Address: Florida Public Service Commission, Division of Consumer Assistance and Outreach, 2540 Shumard Oak Boulevard, Tallahassee, FL 32399-0850.

Office of Public Counsel: Call 1800-342-0222 or submit an online form. You can also send a written complaint to a postal address to the Office of Public Counsel, 111 West Madison Street, Room 812, Tallahassee, Florida 32399-1400.

Still, have questions? :thinking: Ask by replying to us. :point_down:t5: We will help you.

1 Like