How can I file police complaint or e-FIR to Karnataka Police?

If you want to file an e-FIR or police complaint for cognizable/non-cognizable offences (including civil/criminal incidents, theft, illegal activities, and harassment) and issues related to citizen services to Karnataka State Police (KSP), follow these steps or use the provided helplines or contact details to make your complaint with Karnataka Police:

Steps to file an online police complaint or e-FIR:

  1. Visit Karnataka Police’s official website (
  2. Navigate to the “Citizen’s desk” section.
  3. Click “Citizen Centric Portal (” to open the CCTNS citizen portal.
  4. Login or register yourself as a citizen.
  5. After successfully logging in, click “complaint or e-FIR” to open the online complaint form.
  6. Fill in the form by providing all required details including:
    • Your information (name, address, contact)
    • Incident details (nature of offence, date, time, location)
    • Information about the victim and accused (if known)
    • Details of stolen property or vehicles (if applicable)
    • Attach supporting documents (if available)
  7. Choose the local police station for your area.
  8. Review your information and submit the e-FIR.

Finally, note down the reference/case number to track the status. You can also visit the nearest local police station to file an FIR with a designated police officer and obtain a copy of the FIR with acknowledgement free of cost.

For technical problems related to the CCTNS – Karnataka portal, send an email to the Nodal Officer at or call at +918022943781 / +918022943072.

Karnataka Police Helpline Number:

In an emergency, dial the toll-free helpline number 112 or 100 to contact your nearest police control room (PCR). To report a cybercrime, call at the toll-free number 1930 or lodge an online complaint through the National Cybercrime Reporting Portal.

You can contact the state police control room by calling at the helpline number 18004250100 / +918022942111 to get help. To contact the state police headquarters (DGP office), use the phone number +918022211777 / +918022942337. You can also email KSP head office at

Other Helplines:

  • If you have complaints about corruption or misuse of power, call at +918022342100 or email / to the Vigilance Officer.
  • For traffic police issues, contact the control room by calling: +918022943131 (East), +918022943030 (West), and +918022943663 (Central).

If your police complaints or FIRs are addressed satisfactorily, you can escalate it to higher authorities. The levels of escalation are:

:tipping_hand_man:t5: Note: If your previously escalated complaints or FIRs are not resolved or if you have grievances regarding the functioning of the police (misuse of power, corruption, or harassment), lodge an online public grievance to the Appellate Officer for Karnataka State Police at the Home Department through the “Janaspandana – Integrated Public Grievance Redressal System (IPGRS)” portal of the government of Karnataka.

Still, have questions? :thinking: Ask by replying to us. :point_down:t5: We will help you.

1 Like