How to file complaints about government offices to West Bengal CMO Public Grievance System (PGMS)?

If you have complaints about government offices (municipal corporation, Nagar Palika/Parishad, Bangla Sahayta Kendra, gram panchayats, collectorate, police, etc.), departments, and ministries of West Bengal, lodge an online public grievance to the Appellate Authority of respective departments through the “West Bengal CMO - Public Grievance Monitoring System (PGMS)” portal of the government of West Bengal.

You can complain about government schemes, demand new civic services (hospitals, public places, schools/colleges, drainage/bridges, roads, etc.), corrupt practices or misuse of power by officials/employees, and other disputes (agriculture schemes/subsidy, public transit (buses/metro), food supply, ration cards, etc.).

:tipping_hand_man:t5: Note: To register your public grievance with Chief Minister’s Office (CMO), call at the Sarasari Mukhyamantri helpline number +919137091370 or email

Other Helpline Numbers:

  • Apna Bangla (NRI): 18003458244 (Phone) or +918697633333 (WhatsApp)
  • Labour Department: 18001030009
  • State Helpline: 18003450117, +913322140152

Steps to file an online complaint

  1. Visit the official West Bengal PGMS ( website. You can also visit the WB CMO grievance ( portal to lodge your complaint.
  2. Create an account or log in if you already have one.
  3. Click on the “Lodge Your Grievance Here” option to open the online complaint form.
  4. Fill out the form by providing all required information, including:
    • Your name, address, and contact details
    • The department or office you’re complaining about
    • A description of your grievance
    • Any supporting documents (if applicable)
  5. Click the “Submit” button to register your complaint.

Finally, you’ll receive a reference number for future tracking. For any technical issues, call at +913322140027.

If your grievance is not resolved, you may also write a formal letter including a reference number and any supporting documents or evidence you have and mail it to the Grievance Cell at the CMO address:

  • Address: Grievance Cell, Chief Minister Office (CMO), Upanna, 325, Sarat Chatterjee Road, Shibpur, Howrah, 711102.

If your previous complaints are not resolved within a reasonable time, you can escalate it by re-submitting the grievance online to higher authorities. The levels of escalations are:

  1. First Appellate Officer
  2. Second Appellate Officer
  3. Chief Minister’s Office, West Bengal.

Still, have questions? :thinking: Ask by replying to us. :point_down:

1 Like