How can I file a police complaint or FIR to Maharashtra State Police?

If you need help from the Maharashtra Police or want to report an incident or offence, follow this guide and use the provided toll-free helpline number, contact your local police station, or submit an online complaint or e-FIR, by providing all relevant information regarding the incident to the Maharashtra State Police:

Contact Maharashtra State Police:

  • Emergency (MERS 112): If you face an emergency, dial 112 immediately. This connects you to the Maharashtra Emergency Response System (MERS), which can dispatch police, fire, or medical services as needed.

  • Police Complaint (Non-Emergency): For non-urgent matters, you can file a police complaint online through the CCTNS portal ( or by visiting your local police station. This covers general incidents, civil disputes, or information reporting.

  • FIR (First Information Report): For serious crimes (cognizable offences), an FIR is required to initiate a police investigation. You can file an e-FIR online for theft cases through the CCTNS portal, or visit your local police station to file an FIR in person.

Police Helplines:
In case of emergency or need help from police in Maharashtra, call on these helpline numbers:

Control Room Helpline Numbers
Women Helpline 1091, 103 (Mumbai, Thane, and Navi Mumbai)
Anti-Corruption Bureau 1064, +919930997700
Police Headquarters +912222822631

You can also email to Anti-Corruption Bureau at to report cases of bribery or corruption by employees or officials of the state police.

File an Online Complaint/e-FIR:

  1. Visit the CCTNS Portal: Visit the Citizen Portal of the Maharashtra Police website ( from Citizen’s Corner.
  2. Select “Online Complaint/e-FIR”: Choose the appropriate option based on your situation.
  3. Fill in the Details: Provide accurate information about yourself, the incident, and the parties involved. If filing an e-FIR, be prepared with details of stolen property or vehicles (if applicable).
  4. Submit: Review your information and submit the complaint/FIR.
  5. Save the Acknowledgement/FIR Copy: Keep a copy of the acknowledgement or FIR number for reference.

:person_tipping_hand:t5: Note: To file a formal FIR in case of cognizable or serious crime, you must visit your local police station in the jurisdiction where the incident occurred. Explain the incident to the police officer on duty, providing all relevant details and evidence.

The officer will guide you through filling out the required forms. If filing an FIR, get a copy for your records free of cost.

If your complaint or FIR is not addressed within the specified timeframe, escalate it to the District Superintendent of Police (SP), then to the Inspector General of Police (IG) of the Range, and finally to the Director General of Police (DGP) if needed.

Always collect and preserve any evidence related to the incident, such as photos, videos, or witness statements.

For any help, contact the control room of the State Police:

  • Phone Number:+912222822631, +917506888100 (WhatsApp)
  • Email:
  • Address: Maharashtra Police HQ, Maharashtra Police DGP Headquarters, Shahid Bhagat Singh Marg, Colaba, Mumbai, Maharashtra, India – 400001

Still, have questions? :thinking: Ask by replying to us. :point_down:t5: We will help you.